Mahadevan Sekaran is a Partner in Conflict Resolution Department in Jayadeep, Hari & Jamil
He specialises in Insurance and Takaful litigation, particularly in complex, high magnitude claims at trial and all appellate levels. He is emplaced on the panel of many General Insurance and Takaful Insurance companies. He is also appointed as lead counsel by clients, to assist their panel solicitors when they are faced with complicated legal matters or as the situation arises. Additionally, he has numerous dismissals and reported cases to his credit. He is also actively involved in mediation process and is responsible for negotiating settlements on behalf of insurance companies with the claimants.
Key practice areas
- Bodily injury claims
- Property damage claims
- Medico legal claims
- General insurance claims
- LL.B. (Hons) London (2009)
- Certificate of Legal Practice, CLP (2010)
- Advocate and solicitor,High Court of Malaya, (2012)
- Malaysian Insurance Institute - Member
- Medico-Legal Society of Malaysia - Life Member
- Malaysian Association of Risk and Insurance Management - Member
- Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators - Member (MMIArb)
- Advisory Excellence Insurance Law expert 2022 - Certificate of Excellence Winner
- Leaders in Law Global Awards 2022 - Insurance Law Expert of the Year in Malaysia.
Media / News
- Coverage by Sinar Harian on 9/6/2017
- Guest Moot Judge for 17th Lawasia International Moot Competition 2022.
- Speaker (workshop) on S41 & S43 Road Transport Act 1987 and Orthotics & Prosthetics claims for National Insurance & Takaful Claims Society (NICS) 2022